EShop Success is the most effective way to build a successful online business.
ARE YOU AN ETSY SHOP OWNER WHO’S CONFUSED BY ALL OF THE “YOU HAVE TO DO IT THIS WAY” ADVICE THAT’S OUT THERE?
I’M KARA BUNTIN, AND AS A TOP ETSY SELLER, I KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING IT CAN BE TO TRY TO FIGURE IT ALL OUT.
When I opened my Etsy shop in 2011, I was also running a successful home-based wedding cake business. I had a website and decided to sell some gumpaste flowers online to reach the DIY brides who wouldn’t be buying their cakes from me.
I started selling flowers and cake decorating and business tutorials on my website, then I decided to open an Etsy shop.
Etsy was VERY different back then. There wasn’t as much information about how to market your online business, and it was hard to find reliable sources of information. I had already owned a business for 12 years, so I knew that a lot of the advice people were giving out was just flat-out wrong.
After gaining enough experience on my own and researching how Etsy SEO and the marketplace itself works, I was able to grow my business to a full-time income, and I stopped doing wedding cakes. Now I sell online full-time in my Etsy shop and on my website, and I help other sellers who want to increase their own sales.
I STARTED THIS PROGRAM AS AN ETSY SEO WORKSHOP, BUT IT SOON GREW MUCH BIGGER.
ETSY IS A SYSTEM, E-COMMERCE IS A SYSTEM, AND YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THE SYSTEM AND HOW IT WORKS FOR YOUR BUSINESS.
I WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND THE SYSTEM, NOT JUST USE A “STEP BY STEP” FORMULA, BECAUSE THERE ISN’T ONE THAT WORKS FOR EVERYONE.
E-SHOP SUCCESS WILL SHOW YOU:
ECOMMERCE STRATEGIES FOR ON AND OFF-ETSY SELLING
HOW TO CONNECT WITH YOUR AUDIENCE USING METHODS THAT ARE WORKING NOW (I UPDATE PROGRAM CONTENT REGULARLY)
WHAT’S WORKING NOW FOR ETSY SEO – (HINT: THERE IS NO STEP-BY-STEP, SECRET FORMULA, BUT WHEN YOU LEARN THIS, YOU’LL “GET IT”)
SEO ELEMENTS THAT YOU CAN AND CAN’T CONTROL TO AFFECT ETSY CONTEXTUAL SEARCH PLACEMENT
WHAT AN ETSY LOOP IS, AND HOW IT CAN HELP YOUR SHOP
MARKETING YOUR ETSY SHOP ON ETSY AND OFF
USING CONSUMER PSYCHOLOGY TO PERSUADE CUSTOMERS TO BUY
HOW TO ATTRACT CUSTOMERS TO YOUR BUSINESS INSTEAD OF SCARING THEM AWAY
USING THE ETSY SYSTEM TO YOUR ADVANTAGE
BONUSES INCLUDING A MARMALEAD WALKTHROUGH, TOPICS ABOUT INCOME BEYOND ETSY, AND GUEST EXPERT WEBINARS ON ECOMMERCE TOPICS LIKE PUBLIC RELATIONS AND PUBLICITY, BLOGGING, PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHY, AND US TAX TOPICS.
- COMING SOON: BONUSES ON CREATING EBOOKS, SELLING IN PERSON AT MARKETS AND CONVENTIONS, AND TEACHING IN-PERSON CLASSES.
WATCH THE VIDEOS AT YOUR OWN PACE, AND ATTEND THE WEEKLY WORKSHOPS LIVE OR WATCH THEM LATER.
Please note: Because this is an Etsy-centric program, I reserve the right to refund any payments and cancel memberships if someone who joins is violating Etsy’s Terms of Service.
E-SHOP SUCCESS GIVES YOU THE TOOLS YOU NEED TO MAKE YOUR BUSINESS WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE, ALL IN ONE CONVENIENT SPOT!
NO MORE SCOURING THE INTERNET FOR RANDOM ADVICE, WONDERING IF IT’S ACCURATE, THEN TRYING TO PIECE IT ALL TOGETHER.
GET A LEG UP ON THE COMPETITION WITH
NO WAITING- YOU GET INSTANT ACCESS TO THE FULL PROGRAM
30+ hours of video lessons, downloads, and guides to running a profitable online business. The program videos are updated when Etsy makes changes so that you’re not working off of outdated information.
ADVANCED MARKETING TECHNIQUES
Learn how to turn people into loyal customers using consumer psychology and marketing techniques that will increase your traffic.
STAY UPDATED- WEEKLY LIVE WORKSHOPS IN THE FACEBOOK GROUP
16 additional hours of weekly interactive workshops. Every week I go over one part of the program in depth. If you can’t be there live you’ll be able to watch later on the program website.
NOT JUST SEO- ALL THE THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW TO SELL ONLINE
Improve all of your shop factors beyond SEO with copywriting, customer service, audience building, consumer psychology, sale strategy, pricing, shop structure, and competition research done the right way.
QUICK ANSWERS- MEMBERS-ONLY FACEBOOK GROUP.
A private group where you can get the right answers from an active group of online business owners. You’ll find yourself ignoring other Etsy groups and coming here when you want to get the right answer and ignore speculation.
PERMANENT ACCESS TO THE PROGRAM
This isn’t a membership program where you need to pay to stay in every year. One payment will get your in for as long as the program exists, so you’ll always be able to come back and get caught up on any changes.
ETSY SEO BASICS
How Etsy arranges listings in search results, basics to understanding long tail keywords and how Etsy handles them. How to optimize your SEO.
ETSY LISTING BASICS AND KEYWORD STRATEGY
Titles, tags, and listing basics. Strategies for researching keywords.
SHOP FACTORS, CONSUMER PSYCHOLOGY, AND NUDGES
Maximizing your Etsy shop to impact search placement. Identifying consumer psychology, copywriting, photos, and pricing factors.
USING COPYWRITING, CONSUMER PSYCHOLOGY, AND NUDGES
How to use the information in section three to move customers in the direction of buying.
VISIBILITY ON ETSY
Using the Etsy system to have your listings found in places other than search. Strategies to maximize your placement.
VISIBILITY OFF ETSY
Driving outside traffic to your Etsy shop.
SETTING UP A SHOPIFY STORE
Walkthrough of how to set up a Shopify store and attach Google to it for SEO and visibility.
ETSY TIPS FOR ONE-OF-A-KIND, NICHE, SUPPLY, AND VINTAGE SELLERS
Tips for OOAK, Vintage, and Niche sellers. Using Google to find customers. Tips from vintage SEO expert Tara Jacobsen.
How customer service impacts your Etsy search placement. Templates for handling complaints, how to get reviews, and what NOT to do when responding to reviews.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND MARKET RESEARCH
How to develop new products, who to sell them to, and whether it’s worth selling them at all. Finding your target market the right way, not just by watching other shops’ sales numbers (that’s totally pointless.)
STATS AND HOW TO USE THEM
Setting up and using Google Analytics. Etsy stats, what to watch out for, and how to decide on changes to make using your stats.
BONUS: MARMALEAD WALKTHROUGH
Videos showing how I use Marmalead to research keywords and edit listings. If you don’t have Marmalead, the principles will still apply to other search tools!
EXTRA TOPICS AND DOWNLOADS
Downloads, checklists, updates, plus videos on returning from vacation mode, and what to do when sales slow down.
FACEBOOK GROUP WEEKLY WORKSHOPS
Facebook group live broadcasts and workshops archived so that you can get them all in one place!
PUBLIC RELATIONS, PUBLICITY AND BRANDING WORKSHOPS
Meghan Ely of OFD Consulting and Aiesha Dhas of Mech Perfection Graphic services present information on PR, gift guides, and branding.
INCOME BEYOND ETSY
Websites and a webinar by Tara Jacobsen about blogging and affiliate income. Workshops on teaching in person, selling at markets and fairs, and writing ebooks. Info about Facebook and Instagram shops.
BONUS: TAX ISSUES FOR US SELLERS
Referrals to Carol Herzog, owner of Moneybags Tax Service, to get more information on tax issues for home-based business owners.
“ETSY SEO explained” doesn’t even come close to what all there is to this course. There is so much substance packed into to this course/class in a very easy to understand manner – even for those with English as their second language! You will not only understand Etsy SEO you will be an expert. Kara touches on so many other subjects besides just SEO, anything and everything that pertains to your listing being great and then some. No more excuses! -Bee, Cassia Organics
We have implemented all of Kara’s suggestions and since then our shop traffic has gone up significantly and we are starting to see more sales come in. -Douglas, Hubbardston Candle Co.
Great insight and advice to fill in gaps where I had some confusion about my shop and sales. Once I started implementing her suggestions, my sales started climbing and I am happy to say I have had a record January and beginning of February! –Adrienne, Dreamin’ Bohemian
Kara’s training is an essential for your Etsy shop. It has helped me grow my business and become more confident. Her guidance is indispensible and to this day I am so happy I purchased her course. She is also very approachable and always answering your questions quickly. I highly recommend! This should be one of your first purchases if you want to grow your business further.–Liefke, Atelier Nymphea
If you’re looking for straight talk, no fluff advice on creating a successful E-Commerce business, Kara Buntin is your ticket!!! Seriously, anything from Etsy to bad reviews, she teaches you the best way to handle any situation. Unlike lots of other coaches out there, Kara is available for questions, she mans her own site and personally answers your questions. Very generous with her time, you won’t sign up and then wonder, where did she go??? Listen to Kara, you won’t be disappointed. –Carolyn, Wizard Made It
“E-Shop success is great! Kara is my absolute favorite business coach! Her to the point, no nonsense approach to teaching really helps clarify things for me! I love how hands on she is! She is always popping in with helpful updates and tutorials for the class! I highly recommend her courses!” -Cindy Martin
“When you’re just starting out you want advice so badly that you jump around the internet listening to anyone who promises to make your life fabulous. The problem with that is you get so much advice that you get overwhelmed and then you don’t know what direction to go. Trust me I’ve been there. It’s best to stick with one person and follow the path. The fear might be what if I’m following wrong person, I just want you to know that’s not the case you have stumbled into the best teacher you could find just listen to Kara and the money will come. I can’t explain how serious I am Kara has changed my income in Leaps and Bounds. I’ll go so far as to say if I’m wrong and you don’t gain traction I’ll send you my personal address and you can come and punch me in the throat lol.” -Message from Carolyn to new group members (Note: Please don’t punch Carolyn in the throat)
30 DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
I know you’re going to love my E-Shop Success Program. I pride myself in over-delivering on everything I sell, and I’m committed to helping Etsy sellers improve. So try it for 30 days and if you aren’t happy, or you feel that it’s not for you, I will refund 100% of your money. Super easy. Simply send me an email to cancel. No homework needed for the refund. I know you will love it, but, yes, that’s a 30 day money back guarantee.
OTHER ECOMMERCE PROGRAMS AREN’T PROGRAMS, THEY’RE CLASSES. YOU PAY, THEN YOU’RE LEFT TO MAKE YOUR WAY THROUGH THE MATERIAL ON YOUR OWN.
NOT THE E-SHOP SUCCESS PROGRAM!
WHEN YOU JOIN THE OVER 600 MEMBERS ON THE INSIDE, YOU’LL HAVE ACCESS TO THE BONUS PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP WHERE WE DO LIVE WORKSHOPS EVERY WEEK.
This is a group coaching program, so we keep everything up-to-date and lively!
NO RISK - 30 DAY GUARANTEE on the E-Shop Success course. "ETSY" is a trademark of Etsy, Inc. This class is not associated with or endorsed by Etsy, Inc.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It’s basically how you tell the website that your listings are relevant to show to customers who are searching for specific things. It’s one piece of the Etsy puzzle, but there’s more to it than that, so that’s what we work on in this program.
Why should I listen to what you say? There's a lot of free info out there about Etsy, so I could just go find that.
Sure, you could. And a lot of it will be out-of-date, or just flat-out wrong. I’ve had an Etsy shop since 2011 and as I’m writing this I have over 36,000 sales. Before that, I owned a custom wedding cake business that was profitable from the first year, and I was a department manager at a large department store in downtown Boston years ago. I also have an M.A. in psychology, so I’m pretty good at looking at “research” and seeing if it’s worth believing or not, if I do say so myself.
In this program, and in the private facebook group that goes with it, you’ll have access to all of my personal experience from over 20+ years of running my own successful businesses, plus continuous updates as Etsy changes the things that allow you to be found on Etsy. You won’t have to scour the internet and try to figure out who’s right and who’s wrong, or whether that advice about renewing your listings to be found on page 1 is right (it isn’t.)
Do you work for Etsy?
No, I don’t. I don’t have super special secret access to Etsy. What I do have is a sick obsession with figuring things out, a compulsion to help other businesses, a highly developed B.S. detector, and a love of working all the time to get this stuff straight so that you don’t have to. “Etsy” is their trademark and they don’t endorse this class or any other ones that I’m aware of. But if anyone at Etsy is reading this and wants to let me come talk to the admins I’m available!
Can I ask you questions before I join the class?
Sure, if you subscribe to my youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/karabuntin, I do weekly live broadcasts, so you can sign up for notifications and put me on the spot live. You can also post in my facebook group for home-based businesses and ask other people who are in the course about it. That’s at https://www.facebook.com/groups/HomeBasedBusinessAndEtsyTips/
I speak English as a second language, and you talk REALLY fast...
I know! I can’t help it, but I did add subtitles to some of the videos in the course, so you’ll be able to read those to help interpret what I’m saying. I’m also lurking around in the Facebook group all day so I’m usually available to answer questions pretty quickly if you’re having trouble figuring something out. If you 100% don’t speak English, though, this isn’t the program for you, don’t buy it!
Will you do the work for me?
Uh, no. If you want your business to be successful you need to do the work yourself. I’m there to provide information and to update you on things as they change on Etsy, but I can’t do the work for you. If you’re willing to put the effort in, you’ll see improvement…I’m available to help but you’re the one who knows your business the best, and you’re the one who’s going to get the results! Plus, every business on or off Etsy is going to need to use different strategies at different times in the lifecycle of the business, so things that you should be doing when your business is young might not be what you should be doing when it’s established. This program will give you all the options and clarify what actions you should be taking to move your business forward.
What if I hate you and your course?
You can probably get a pretty good idea of whether watching my videos makes you want to die by checking out my YouTube channel. If that’s the case, don’t buy the program, it’s pretty simple. If you do buy it and you just don’t want to get ongoing Etsy support and updates, just let me know within 30 days and I’ll refund your money, no questions asked.
I'm in a few Etsy groups and all they are is gripe-fests
There’s no griping allowed in my group (well, maybe a little, but there’s a limit.) There are plenty of other places to complain, whine and moan about how unfair Etsy is and how the world owes you something because you exist. The people in my course prefer to work on what they can control and leave the whining to others. If you love a negative, woe-is-me environment, this isn’t the course for you. If, on the other hand, you enjoy dealing with reality and changing what you can improve, come on in.
Do you guarantee that I'll earn the cost of the program back in a month?
Nope. Anyone who does promise that is full of it and you probably know that. You need to do the work, some categories are trickier than others, and no one solution works for everyone. If you do the work you’ll see improvements. If you pay for the program and watch the videos while you sit on the couch eating snacks but never do the work, you won’t get anything out of it. Totally up to you.
Why is there a squirrel and a bunch of cats on your youtube thumbmails?
It’s a very long story, but I basically got tired of doing the stupid youtube thumbnails with the clickbait cover photos where I’m supposed to look really surprised, and I started doing some that I thought were funny. The squirrel’s name is Walter and I have three cats, so they feature prominently in the thumbnails because it amuses me.
How can I sign up?
This program is open by invitation only, and you can apply by emailing me directly at [email protected], or DM'ing me on Facebook. If I don't answer within 24 hours it means that I didn't get the message, so tag me on Facebook or leave a comment on my Youtube channel
- XWalk and personalization (2:38)
- Update on Etsy using descriptions
- Things we can control (2:57)
- Critical information about personalization
- Things we can kind of control (2:48)
- Things we can't control (3:08)
- Search engines- Words vs concepts (4:02)
- How Etsy search works, selection and ranking (13:11)
- How Etsy finds keywords in listings (5:28)
- Contextual search and how to help the process (4:37)
- Semantic search and word order matching (10:34)
- What the Etsy search engine looks at (2:54)
- long tail keywords (6:10)
- Why long tail keywords have lower search and engagement (19:39)
- Long tail keyword strategy (6:14)
- Search volume for long tails (12:45)
- Keyword validation and exact word order research (17:16)
- Using Marmalead to see actual competition (10:03)
- Youtube webinar about long tail keywords and search tools
- Where to find keywords (6:38)
- Using Google market pages to find keywords that Etsy likes (3:14)
- The what and why of search (17:56)
- Contextual search placement and customer intent SEO (9:32)
- Seller vs customer vs search engine (23:22)
- Facebook Live talking about Competition and Keyword traffic. (66:15)
- Shop factors intro (1:44)
- Shop checklist (13:02)
- Customer ascension (14:14)
- Influencing customers (6:29)
- Unity (13:01)
- Customer psychology, why shop factors are important, and what to watch out for (11:04)
- How dopamine and epinephrine make our jobs harder (11:23)
- Using information and reviews in the listing photos (5:50)
- Building customer trust and confidence (18:54)
- Persuasion (23:56)
- Photos (14:30)
- Pricing tiers (10:31)
- Sales and coupon nudges (2:52)
- Sales, and what Etsy knows (4:29)
- How to adjust the white balance in your camera
- Customer nudges cheat sheet PDF
- Customer persuasion cheat sheet PDF
- Dopamine and social media
- Eeyore kid approach avoidance
- Reading list PDF
- Updated edition of Influence
- Things to include in your shop policies PDF
- Etsy shop checklist PDF
- Copywriting and selling using emotion (4:36)
- Seller vs. customer vs. search engine (23:22)
- Writing descriptions that nudge (15:24)
- Copywriting to keep people in your shop longer (9:06)
- Pricing tiers (10:31)
- Copywriting cheat sheet for descriptions PDF
- Online thesaurus
- Nudges in your shop (13:40)
- Releasing a collection (7:46)
- On-Etsy visibility Intro (0:32)
- Being found in other places on Etsy (2:01)
- Where items are found on Etsy other than in search (4:11)
- How to use favoriting for your shop and EShop members (13:10)
- Favoriting (3:02)
- Following (6:54)
- Forums (7:15)
- When to unfollow people (5:10)
- Using filters for visibility (7:53)
- Using categories for visibility (3:43)
- Stunt SEO and special keywords (12:43)
- Etsy Explore on the app (9:27)
- Using Google for organic search traffic (3:55)
- Social media schedulers (2:22)
- What is a Facebook group vs. a business page? (39:36)
- Creating Facebook pages and groups (4:27)
- Settings for Facebook business pages (6:44)
- Instagram hashtags (10:45)
- Giveaways (33:42)
- Giveaways warning (3:47)
- Selling in Facebook group (6:56)
- Selling on IG and FB ahead of time (7:34)
- You need a mailing list (2:24)
- Mailing list opt-in offers (8:30)
- SMS text message signups for texting and email lists (32:27)
- Adding the discount code to the confirmation text for SMS marketing (3:34)
- Adding the discount code to your email confirmation text (3:34)
- Google merchant account and setting up free shopping listings (44:44)
- Article with giveaway text template for indemnification
- Social media posting ideas PDF
- Youtube part 1 (12:28)
- Youtube part 2 (13:07)
- Your Youtube Goals (16:51)
- Where videos show up on YouTube and how that helps you (28:02)
- Finding topics using the youtube algorithm (12:23)
- Editing and the algorithm (19:28)
- Youtube analytics (29:10)
- Editing an educational video (16:52)
- Editing a product demo video (9:02)
- Process video critique (31:52)
- Part 1- Choosing a theme, importing listings, wandering around inside of Shopify (27:44)
- Part 2- Domain name and forwarding a url (16:21)
- Part 3- Payments and sales tax (3:49)
- Part 4 Shopping cart and shipping (17:19)
- Part 5- Preferences section, SEO meta title and description for Google (14:58)
- Part 7 menus (4:03)
- Part 8 customizing the template (22:46)
- Part 9- Google Analytics and setting up Search Console (17:52)
- Part 10- Search console indexing and Google merchant center (14:29)
- Part 11 Google Merchant center (12:08)
- Part 12- SEO for Shopify listings (16:26)
- SEO for OOAK and Vintage sellers (1:31)
- Keyword strategies for niche and vintage (9:43)
- Using vintage in title and tags (2:35)
- Using Google for niche and vintage sellers (7:17)
- OOAK- Reusing listings and replicating designs (4:54)
- Marketing warnings for OOAK and custom sellers (4:21)
- Vintage and OOAK- Listing new items (2:06)
- Vintage- Sourcing items deliberately (2:18)
- OOAK SEO with Tara Jacobsen (32:36)
- Supply shops marketing (11:11)
- POD (Print On Demand) warning (20:08)
- Customer service intro (3:22)
- How customer service affects your shop (5:46)
- Getting people to like your business (9:50)
- The helpful no (3:37)
- Reviews and what to watch out for (4:02)
- Asking for reviews (8:04)
- Responding to bad reviews (8:36)
- My real-life bad reviews and how I dealt with them (or ignored them.) (39:01)
- Requests for reviews complaint flowchart (14:04)
- Bad review response mix and match form (2:32)
- How to contact Etsy (1:20)
- It's okay to say no, and not everyone is your customer
- PDF downloads for the customer service section
- Product Development and Market Research intro (1:13)
- Google analytics (3:15)
- Using Etsy to find your target customer (6:17)
- using Google analytics to find your target market (4:28)
- Using Pinterest to find your target customer (2:58)
- Competition research- The basics (8:28)
- Competition research- The specifics (17:52)
- Google ads keyword planner to look at competition (5:23)
- Product research- Bestseller badge (4:50)
- On-Etsy product line research (9:59)
- Google trends for product planning (10:22)
- Product line research- Marmalead storm (8:49)
- Competition research PDF
- Product and competition research on Etsy (76:18)
- Introduction (3:41)
- Searcher intent and keyword choice (26:18)
- Technical SEO (14:28)
- On-Page SEO (14:27)
- Interlinking, H1 and H2, metadescriptions (19:06)
- URLs (10:29)
- Choosing keywords (12:30)
- Off-page SEO (7:22)
- Watch out for third-party tools (2:06)
- Four Google services to sign up for (7:08)
- Search Console indexing (6:28)
- Adjacent searches (10:47)
- Where you can be found on Google (20:41)
- How to be found in each section on Google (24:56)
- Using a Youtube channel for Google traffic (10:33)
- Google terms to know (13:10)
- Choosing keywords (26:50)
- Where the SEO info is found on Wix (13:38)
- Where the SEO info is found on Shopify (6:44)
- Bonus: Marmalead walkthrough, my SEO logic, and Focus topics with Richie and Gordon from Marmalead (259:56)
- Bonus Videos, Downloads, and Worksheets (46:51)
- Bonus: All about Pricing (80:00)
- Bonus- Public Relations, Publicity, and Branding (125:32)
- Bonus- Income Beyond Etsy- websites, blogging, FB and IG shopping, virtual events (124:32)
- Bonus- Selling at Markets and Conventions, with Dougie and Melissa Hoppes (121:32)
- Bonus- 5 Tips for selling at shows, with Dougie Hoppes (7:00)
- Bonus- Teaching In-Person Classes, with Anne Londez (94:37)
- Bonus- E-books, with Andrea Haglund Ross (138:28)
- Bonus- Dealing with Undercutters (103:16)
- Part 5- Consumer Psychology and Psychographics (32:46)
- Part 6- Copywriting (39:25)
- Part 7- Connecting with your customer profile (28:29)
- Part 8 Social Selling (26:55)
- Part 9- Branding, PR, and media mentions (24:10)
- Part 10- Collaborations (14:29)
- Part 11- Mailing lists and promotions (29:54)
- Part 12- Competition Research (28:53)
- Part 13- Product development (15:24)
- Part 14- Customer Service (40:21)
- Part 15- Making money outside of Etsy (26:44)